Chesapeake Corporate Advisors (CCA), a leading Baltimore-based boutique corporate advisory and investment banking firm, seeks to hire an Investment Banking Analyst to support the continued growth of the firm’s investment banking practice.
- Degree from an accredited undergraduate business program; concentration in finance or accounting required
- Excellent financial modeling and other analytical skills
- Advanced skill with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire for significant responsibility
- Strong research skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working directly with senior client executives and capital sources
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and judgment
- Ability to handle significant workloads on tight timelines
- Support senior staff in the preparation of financial projections and business valuations, including DCF modeling, comparable company and transaction multiple analyses as well as leveraged buyout analysis and other financial models necessary to support the transaction process and the firm’s strategic relationships
- Prepare appropriate investment memoranda, presentation materials, and marketing materials for clients and prospects
- Work on multiple transactions, business development initiatives and internal projects at any given time
- Interact with clients on transactional and technical issues
- Maintain internal sources of information and databases
- Assist in the identification of and out-reach to buyers and investors
This position works closely with and in support of the Managing Directors, Directors and Vice Presidents of CCA’s investment banking practice and will be required to support deal execution, due diligence, modeling, and analysis on transactions. This role will have significant direct client interaction.
The candidate is expected to work on investment banking mandates assisting clients with buy-side and sell-side M&A advisory and capital raising transactions, in addition to financial modeling and other advisory services.
Qualified candidates should be self-motivated with a results-oriented attitude; and the aptitude to quickly understand, develop and apply complex financial concepts. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include preparing thoughtful and compelling PowerPoint based information memorandums, conducting and facilitating due diligence for sell-side and buy-side transactions, developing other marketing documents and analysis in support of transaction execution, as well as conducting industry research and company analysis.
To apply or for questions regarding the position, please send a résumé or inquiry to email@example.com.